Top 10 silly lawsuits
Some give themselves in court, others asking back the donate organs
It began in 1992 when a U.S. woman sued McDonald `s, after she burned with a coffee purchased at the famous company. Everybody laughed about it, until she has received 2.9 million dollars as compensation.Since then, the ridiculous processes keep coming not only in the U.S., but in the rest of the world to.
This is a classification of the most stupid lawsuits, compiled by The Independent:
1. In the first place among the most ridiculous accusations to the court process is a man from Michigan. Richard Overton sued Budweiser. He was disappointed that, after drinking the famous beer was not surrounded by women, as seen in the ad. Man sought damages worth 10,000 dollars.
In the ad, two beautiful women appear in front of two truck drivers as a reward because they drink beer. The man repeated the scenario at home and, surprise, the girl’s haven’t emerged. Upset, he sued Budweiser.
2. The second is held by a convict in Virginia. In 1995, he give himself in court on the grounds that the crime committed, it has violated his civil rights and religious beliefs. He demanded compensation of $ 5 million. He hoped that Uncle Sam will be obliged to pay on his behalf.
3. Another strange case is that of a judge who sued a laundry because they have lost his pants. The man asked for damages worth 65 million dollars. The judge states that the loss of pants caused him "mental suffering, discomfort and inside imbalance”.
6. A Spanish businessman wanted to sue the 17 years boy family that he has killed in a car accident. He was upset that the boy crashed the car. The boy was travel at night on bicycle without reflective vest.
7. Allen Heckard, Michael Jordan's arrival, sued the Nike Company. The man demanded compensation of 832 million dollars because the company made Jordan so well known that, indirectly, has caused his emotional suffering.
8. In 1996, Oliver Stone was sued by parents of a young girl who was left paralyzed after being shot on the street. People claimed that his film, "Natural Born Killers" would have led the two young people to hurt the girl.
9. Another process that drew media attention is brought by an American. He asked his former wife to return his kidney who donates eight years before the divorce.
10. In the last place of The Independent top is the sue of John Cage publishers against Mike Battle. Mike Brattle has been accused of plagiarism for the song ''A Minute's Silence "that would imitate ''4'33" by John Cage.